July 08, 2008

TORTURE SQUAD and FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH

"Stay hungry" singed Twisted Sister...
And I'm. Extremely hungry. Particularly of f*cking kick-ass tunes as those proposed by these two bands. Lately I've got my iPod full of juicy novelties, but after a few tracks here is where I constantly finish by returning. Too much fun!


Torture Squad, Hellbound (2008). Very talented Brasilian quartet playing a razor-sharp thrash with frequent technical death metal-like rushes and tempo changes (thrash voice). Very clean sound, pounding drum and killer arpeggios. You can't get bored with it! They've been around since a while... my bad I didn't know them earlier. Besides, they've been so kind to reply to the Cpt. greetings (so buy their shit!):
«Hi Roger, this is Castor, bass player of Torture Squad!
Domo Arigato... I am trying to speak japanese...hehe
That´s really nice to know that you´re enjoying our new album!!!
We wish we could play in Nihon asap!
Sayonara and take care!
Castor»
Five Finger Death Punch, The Way of the Fist. What to say? I loved them since first listen (much in debt to J13, who introduced them to me). Groovy sound; not properly thrash; not properly core; nor death... There's much variety: energy, riffs, melody, speed, growls, clean singing... And lyrics are cool too! Hell, it's L.A. guys! It has to be good!!! Ah, a note: this version is the 2007 limited edition. Tracks 11-14 are bonus. On 2008 edition 11 and 12 are replaced by two previously unrelesed tracks.

Get them before the link expires!

No comments: